Digital education is our mission. WE EMPOWER PEOPLE.
Using digital learning solutions, we help national and global organizations to develop their employees in an innovative, motivating and effective way.
As a Cloud Hosting & Support Engineer (f/m) you will work as a member of both our Technical Support Team who is responsible for service desk and fault identification in our software, and our Enterprise Cloud Management Team who is responsible for installation and administration of server components to operate web applications in the Azure Cloud.
- Ensuring a trouble-free operation, continuous availability of applications (Web) server systems and databases
- Monitoring the infrastructure, creating backup scenarios and continuous process and performance optimization (e.g. development of software tools to ensure global cloud operation)
- Deploying application updates and software patches is also in your area of responsibility
- Provide a Local Customer Support to our customers via our ticketing desk, email and phone to assist in the resolution of customer issues
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Engineering or equivalent
- 2-3 years of hands-on experience within a relevant technical position
- IT specialist with a focus on cloud hosting, support and/or IT systems management
- Demonstrated experience in the administration and maintenance of hosting infrastructures (Windows Server and or Linux systems)
- Experience with one or more Web and Application Server technologies (e.g. Apache HTTPD, Apache Tomcat, IIS)
- Knowledge of automation (Batch-Jobs, Scripting)
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills
- Motivation to work well within a team as well as individually
- Ability to communicate effectively in the workplace, both verbally and in writing
- Attention to detail and a customer service focused attitude
- Microsoft Certifications are highly desirable
What we offer
- An interdisciplinary and international work environment
- New challenges that want to be mastered by you, every day - a high learning curve and development opportunities guaranteed
- Exciting projects for major brands
- You contribute to the best practice in e-learning
- You will be part of a dynamic and growing team where people collaborate with each other to ensure the customer gets the best possible solution in the most cost-effective manner possible
- Modern office located on St. Kilda Road that can be easy accessed by train/tram
- A competitive salary package is on offer to the successful applicant
- In depth training provided for all our software and technological products
- Opportunity to really grow your career
IMC is one of the world's leading service and technology providers for learning, talent and new media solutions, with 11 international locations and award-winning products. We are proud of more than 250 excellently trained, creative and competent colleagues. Over 1100 renowned international customers inspire us to the highest quality.